Manage Items Overview
The Manage Items page has many features. It allows you to view all of your Items, Items by Collection or Layout, and/or refine the list of showing Items by multiple Field's values. You can sort the list by multiple Fields, view your Items as a list of tiles or in a customizable grid which can be formatted to better fit the screen for printing purposes. You can add new Items and edit any visible Item as well as delete multiple Items at once. And you can also move or reassign one or more Items to different Collection(s) or Layout(s).
Open the "View" drop-down list at the top of the page. The list will be populated with the names of all of your Collections and Layouts, grouped by Collection and Layout, with an "All Items" at the top. Choose any Collection or Layout name to view the Items in that Collection or Layout, or choose All Items to view all.
Changing Display (Tile/Grid)
To change the display of your Items to a list of tiles or to a customizable grid, open the "Display" drop-down list and choose either Tiles or Grid.
Some functions on this page have the capabilities of altering multiple Items at once, such as the Delete and Move To functions found at the top of the page. These functions require that one or more Items be selected using the Items' checkboxes.
Regardless of the Item display setting (Tiles or Grid), each Item on the page has a checkbox toward its left side. You can select/deselect each Item as desired using these individual checkboxes, or if you wish to select/deselect all Items on the page at once, you can use the "All" checkbox at the top of the page as seen below.
Add New Item
In order to add a new Item to a specific Layout or Collection you must select that Layout or Collection from the View drop-down list first. OR, if you have All Items selected, you will simply need to select that Layout or Collection from the appropriate drop-down lists on the Add Item page.
To add a new Item, click the "Add New Item" link at the top of the page.
Edit an Item
If your Display is set on Tiles, click the Item's title to edit that Item. If your display is grid, click the Edit link to the left of the Item's picture to edit that Item.
Deleting a Single Item
To delete a single Item, set your Display to Tiles and scroll until the Item is visible on the screen. Click the Delete link on the right side of the Item's tile.
* Note * To delete a single Item from the Grid display, you must use the Delete Multiple Items function.
Deleting Multiple Items
To delete one or more Items, select the desired Item(s) and click the Delete link at the top of the page.
Moving Item(s) To...
To move one or more Item(s) to a specific Collection or Layout:
1. - Select the desired Item(s) and click the "Move To..." link at the top of the page.
2. - Choose the Collection or Layout to which you want the selected Items to be moved from the "Move To" drop-down list in the resulting "Move Selected Items" dialog box.
3. - Click the Submit button in the dialog box.
4. - Review the confirmation dialog that let's you know you're moving x number of Items (however many you selected) to the Collection or Layout that you chose to move them to. Click Okay (or Cancel).
5. - After the request is processed you'll receive another message letting you know how many of your selected Items got moved. If fewer Items were moved than what you had selected doesn't necessarily mean something went wrong. In some instances, it's possible to request that some Items be moved to a specific Collection or Layout when they already exist in that Collection or Layout.
You have the ability to sort your list of Items by up to nine preset Fields:
1. - Click the Sort link at the top of the page.
2. - Choose a Field to have the Items sorted by (alphabetically, A --> Z) from the Sort By drop-down list in the Sort Items By dialog box.
3. - If you want to sort by more than one Field, choose another Field from the next visible Then By drop-down list, and repeat as many times as needed.
4. - After all of your selections are made, click the Sort Items button and the dialog box will close and your list of Items will be sorted per your request.
* Note * Even though you have up to nine Fields available by which to sort, this doesn't mean that each field will have any affect on the actual sort order... it all depends on the values contained in the Fields of the Items in your list.
Removing A Sort
To remove a Sort definition, click the Sort link at the top of the page. In any of the drop-down lists in the Sort Items By dialog which has a Field selected, choose the top ".. Sort by .." option to remove that Sort By Field and any Fields after it. Doing this in the very first drop-down list will remove all sorting definitions. Click the Sort Items button to save your changes.
1. - Click the Filter link at the top of the page.
2. - Select a Field from the "Select Field" drop-down list.
3. - Place a checkmark next to the Field values that you want to show in your filtered list and then click the "Add Selected Values To List" link directly above the list of field values.
4. - Your list will now be filtered by the value(s) you selected and the applied filter is now displayed below the "Select Field" drop-drop list. Each filter value will have a "Remove" link next to it.
* Note * You may select more Fields and values to apply a more and more restrictive filter.
** Note ** Each time you apply more filter values, the selection of Fields and values will become smaller as they are derived from the Item's values showing in the filtered list.
1. - Click the Filter link at the top of the page.
2a. - Click the Remove link next to the value you want to remove
2b. - Select the Field that contains the value(s) you want to remove and then remove the check mark from the value(s) you want removed.
You can print your list of Items as visible on the page in either of the Display options, either as Tiles or as a Grid.
Tiles - With the Display set on Tiles, click the Print link at the top of the page.
Grid - With the Display set on Grid, you'll need to Work With The Grid to prevent the contents from spilling off the right side of your screen and therefore becoming unprintable. It's also suggested that you use your browser's/printer's Print Preview capabilities to aid you in setting up the Grid for printing. Once you have your Grid properly formatted, click the Print link at the top of the page.
Working With The Grid
Change your Display to Grid.
Choose Grid Columns
1. - Click the Choose Columns link at the top of the Grid.
2. - Place or remove check marks next to the Field Columns you want to include or exclude from the Grid. A check includes the column. Click the Submit button when done.
You can manually resize any column to the right of the Picture column. To do so, hover over the vertical divider on the right size of the column you wish to resize until you see a horizontal, double-sided arrow. Click and drag the divider, then release your mouse button when thru.
You can also Auto Resize all of the columns by hovering over any vertical divider between columns to the right of the Picture column until you see the horizontal, double-sided arrow, then double click. If the columns are already properly sized, or if you have the Wrap Text checkbox checked, you will not see any changes occur.
The Wrap Text setting is useful for getting as much data to display on your screen as possible without overflowing off the right-hand side. This is a must for printing your Grid as anything that spills off the right side of your screen cannot be printed.
To Wrap Text, place a check in the Wrap Text checkbox at the top of the Grid.
Now when you manually Resize Columns, the text in the column will wrap onto a new line instead of being hidden behind the column to its right. You may notice that as you resize a column and you watch the text wrap, it may seem as though it is getting hidden by the row beneath it. But once you let go of the mouse, the heights of the rows will automatically resize and grow (or shrink) to accomodate the wrapped text.